Join Dementia Research Veteran Friendly Practice Healthwatch Access to your full medical record Surgery closure afternoon – Thursday 19th October Flu vaccines September 2023 Dr Chesterman’s sponsored 100km cycle ride Wednesday 24th May 2023 Wednesday 26th April 2023 surgery afternoon closure Surgery closure for staff training – Wed 29th March 23
We are trialling a new product called DoctorLink that enables patients to manage their care needs remotely where appropriate.
What is DoctorLink?
• DoctorLink provides the ability to seek clinically approved medical advice around the clock. This helps to reduce unnecessary
surgery appointments, getting patients to the right place for their clinical need. DoctorLink will provide advice on how to best
manage your symptoms
• DoctorLink facilitates booking an appointment with the surgery should a clinical consultation be recommended
• DoctorLink can be accessed from any laptop, mobile phone or tablet device, 7 days a week from any location
How does it work?
• DoctorLink uses a Symptom Assessment tool to complete triage on patients who access the practice online looking for an
urgent/same day appointment. Patients are asked a series of clinical questions based on their concern/illness.
• The outcomes of the symptom assessment are processed according to the clinical need. If a clinical consultation is
recommended the patient can request an appointment slot appropriate to the symptom assessment outcome (e.g.
consultation with a nurse practitioner within next 48 hours, same day consultation with a GP).
• The practice will receive a copy of the symptom assessment highlighting the required action needed ((e.g. day consultation
with a GP).
• As DoctorLink is accessible 24/7 it is able to cater for both in and out of hours scenarios directing patients to the most
appropriate place (pharmacy/dental/GP Service/A&E)
We will be working closely with the providers to manage DoctorLink’s integration into the practice and help patients get signed up. All
feedback from the trial will help shape and develop the product ensuring that it is of use for clinicians, practice reception staff and
Follow the link below to register and start using:
The application is easy to use and once you have signed up you will be able to check your symptoms and request appointments at
your GP Service with ease.
Please rest assured that:
• DoctorLink is not connected to your patient record so information about you is not being shared with DoctorLink
• You can continue to ring the surgery for same-day urgent care and speak to or see a GP or another member of the clinical
team as you always been able to.