Information:If you need medical advice about your symptoms:
Who can ask for a test
You can ask for a test:
- for yourself, if you have coronavirus symptoms now (a high temperature, a new, continuous cough, or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste)
- for someone you live with, if they have coronavirus symptoms
The tests are not suitable for children under 5 years old.
If you’re asking for a test for someone else and the person is aged 13 or over, check they’re happy for you to ask for a test for them.
How do I ask for a test?
You can ask for a test online click links below or The Coronavirus Testing Call Centre can be contacted on 0300 303 2713 between the hours of 07.00 and 23.00.
We’ll ask you:
- how you want to get the test – you may be able to choose between driving to a regional testing site or getting a home test kit
- for details such as your name, mobile phone number and address
Essential workers can click here: Apply for a coronavirus test on GOV.UK
- are an essential worker, including NHS or social care staff
- are applying for tests for the residents and staff of your care home
- have a verification code from your employer